WorldFlight 2014

Online Events that all pilots are welcome to join in
Edward Watson
Position: Chairman

Re: WorldFlight 2014

Postby Edward Watson » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:06 am

Alan Harding wrote:Put me on the list for a couple of flights.

Book your flights in the PIREP system (on the Worldflight page under Flights Menu)
Edward Watson
NBL3668G
Chairman
Asst Hub Captain - Australia

Beech Baron: Uh, ATC, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747.
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

Roger Eve
Position: Asst Hub Captain

Postby Roger Eve » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:23 am

I've booked a few UK daytime flights on each day. Ed is there a way of cancelling or changing a booking if something really important crops up? :?:
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

Roger Eve

Postby Roger Eve » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 am

:roll: Please ignore my last question as I see there is a remove button once the booking is completed :D
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

Edward Watson
Position: Chairman

Postby Edward Watson » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:16 am

Less than 1/2 of the flights are booked.. 26 of 45 flights available.
book yours today..
Edward Watson
NBL3668G
Chairman
Asst Hub Captain - Australia

Beech Baron: Uh, ATC, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747.
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

Roger Eve

Postby Roger Eve » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 am

Hi Guys,

Hopefully a few more of you are now signing up for some of the Worldflight 2014 flights. It starts this coming week :o

We are now an Official Worldflight Team and we therefore have the option to donate to the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Please note that this is optional

You may receive an email from "Everydayhero", your mail program may put this in junk or mark it as suspicious. This is a valid email and is used to setup a page for donations if you so wish, so please check your junk folder.

Your Hub Captain will have received a file containing charts for each of the Worldflight legs, so please ask him, me or Norbert to copy this to you. These must NOT be shared with non Worldflight pilots.

If you haven't yet booked any flights please do so a.s.a.p. it really is great fun :D
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

Roger Eve

Postby Roger Eve » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:10 pm

Come on Guys :roll:

Worldflight is next week and we have far too many empty slots :( There are plenty available during the Europe/US/Canada afternoon and evening times :D

This is a superb way to get our VA seen and heard amongst the Flight Simulator communities :shock: and therefore an opportunity not to be missed. Look here for the schedule, or look on the Worldflight option on the PIREP flights menu. The times are all shown in UTC but Ed has put in an option to change these to your local time so it is easy to see flights which suit you. ;)
Roger Eve
NBL1227G
Events Manager

Mark Newby

Postby Mark Newby » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:25 am

I would love to fly at least one of these flights, but 12 hour night shifts in my real world life leave little time for my virtual life. :(
Mark Newby
NBL1723G
Americas

Norbert Finger
Position: Hub Captain

Postby Norbert Finger » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:37 am

Well WF14 has started and first leg was completed.

Departure YSSY:
The amount of traffic at Sydney was unbelievable and only 1 clearance delivery open. It was impossible to get a word in and what made matters worse is that txt clearances were not accepted at all. So had to be patient and took over 1 hour to get a clearance after a second clearance controller came on.

Enroute was uneventful as everybody made their way to Cairns.

Approach YBCS:
This was very slow with 2 holds enforced at TL and Fishy which delayed everyone by about 40 minutes, although got a expedited clearance for the ILS which left about 5-7 a/c behind.

Summary:
took off about an hour late and arrived at about 1.5 hours late all in all not too bad for the first leg. Ed was ready to take over and make up some time in Cairns.

Norbert Finger
Noble Air Oceania_Asia
Webmaster

MHoneywell

Postby MHoneywell » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:28 am

Capt(s) Ed W and Norbert F,

Have been following the progress of WF 2014 on both their FB page and our PIREP system. I must say I'm IMPRESSED with the level of involvement and the numbers of participants starting at YSSY Amazing is an understatement. Since I have not been involved with Vatsim, I of course am not able to fly any of the legs. Me thinks I may have to rectify that situation before next year, God willing I'll still be here. I wish you guys well on the remainder of the flights.

Milt Honeywell
NBL1469G
HC SanFrancisco
Milt Honeywell
NBL1469G
HC/KSFO

Adam Magiera

Postby Adam Magiera » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:41 am

Unfortunately, my schedule did not allow for participation in the event this year, due to real life business and travelling that took place at the same time as the flights. Sorry folks :(
NBL4110G
Hub Captain - BOS Hub

Return to “Events”