Event Idea's

Online Events that all pilots are welcome to join in
Mikaere Flavell

Event Idea's

Postby Mikaere Flavell » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 am

Hello all

Hope you all had a great Easter break. I am making this post to get some idea of what events you would like to fly in. Please reply to this forum post with your ideas for events. IFR,VFR, on or off the VATSIM network, Any country, any time. I just want some idea of what you would like to participate in. I have 2 suggestions.

1) SABA, Saint Barthélemy Airport, Princess Juliana, Saba. Aircraft:Cessna 172. In this VFR flight we will all depart the worlds smallest commercial runway (Saba) and fly to Saint Barthélemy Airport situated behind a very steep hill. The History Channel programme, Most Extreme Airports rated Saint Barthélemy Airport the 3RD most dangerous airport in the world. We will then depart Saint Barthélemy Airport and head towards Princess Juliana airport. After touchdown we will then head back to Saba and land.

2) The airports of Papua New Guinea: Aircraft: Cessna 172 or larger. In this VRF flight we will Depart Jacksons international airport (Papua New Guinea's main airport) and take supplies to the several villages around the area. These airports are extremely difficult to land at and will be challenging even to the most skilled pilots. The Jackson's international airport addon scenery from ORBX will be required.

Anyway they are my two suggestions please post your ones bellow so I can get an idea of what you want.
Mikaere (Mike) Flavell- Events Manager

Anthony Hoskin

Re: Event Idea's

Postby Anthony Hoskin » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:00 am

to be honest both of these sound great.

I would be up for both.

Probably using a An225 :lol: :lol: only kidding.

Count me in.
Image;Image;
Always sit at the back. aircraft don't reverse into mountains

Adam Magiera

Postby Adam Magiera » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:25 am

I'd be game for the first flight idea, that sounds fun! Since I don't have the ORBX add-ons the second one would not work for me. On that note, I think we should be a bit careful about making too many payware add-on specific events as it will definitely limit the participation potential.
NBL4110G
Hub Captain - BOS Hub

Shawn Custer

Postby Shawn Custer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:57 am

I like the sound of the 1st one. The second would be a no go for me as well. To be honest I'm not a fan of add on airports, they always seem to do more harm then good in end for me.

Edward Watson
Position: Chairman

Postby Edward Watson » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:21 am

Mikaere Flavell wrote:Hello all

Hope you all had a great Easter break. I am making this post to get some idea of what events you would like to fly in. Please reply to this forum post with your ideas for events. IFR,VFR, on or off the VATSIM network, Any country, any time. I just want some idea of what you would like to participate in. I have 2 suggestions.

1) SABA, Saint Barthélemy Airport, Princess Juliana, Saba. Aircraft:Cessna 172. In this VFR flight we will all depart the worlds smallest commercial runway (Saba) and fly to Saint Barthélemy Airport situated behind a very steep hill. The History Channel programme, Most Extreme Airports rated Saint Barthélemy Airport the 3RD most dangerous airport in the world. We will then depart Saint Barthélemy Airport and head towards Princess Juliana airport. After touchdown we will then head back to Saba and land.

2) The airports of Papua New Guinea: Aircraft: Cessna 172 or larger. In this VRF flight we will Depart Jacksons international airport (Papua New Guinea's main airport) and take supplies to the several villages around the area. These airports are extremely difficult to land at and will be challenging even to the most skilled pilots. The Jackson's international airport addon scenery from ORBX will be required.

Anyway they are my two suggestions please post your ones bellow so I can get an idea of what you want.

sent PM.
Edward Watson
NBL3668G
Chairman
Asst Hub Captain - Australia

Beech Baron: Uh, ATC, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747.
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

Return to “Events”