FeelThere ERJ145

Mark Newby
Position: Asst Hub Captain

FeelThere ERJ145

Postby Mark Newby » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:25 am

After many hours of watching Tutorials on how to paint an aircraft I have finally gotten part of the left side of the FeelThere ERJ145 done. What do you think, do I keep going or hang up that paint kit now? I know I have got to figure out how come the blue didn't come around all of the way. This is for FS9.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Newby
NBL1723G
Americas

Tony Forrest

Re: FeelThere ERJ145

Postby Tony Forrest » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Keep going Mark. That looks great! :D
[size=85]Tony Forrest NBL5136G
Fleet Command ATP
Forum Administrator

Adam Magiera

Postby Adam Magiera » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Keep up the good work, Mark. Looks promising for those with FS9.
NBL4110G
Hub Captain - BOS Hub

Mark Newby

Postby Mark Newby » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:42 pm

I figured out how to get the nose and radom painted on the FeelThere ERJ145 although I have one problem as you can see in the attached screen shot. Does anyone know how to get the stripes to curve downward like it is following the contour of the nose? I am using Photoshop CS5.1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Newby
NBL1723G
Americas

Adam Magiera

Postby Adam Magiera » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:58 pm

When you apply that paint you have there to the model how does it look? Perhaps post a picture of that as i am not exactly sure what you mean (what effect you are looking for). Forgive me if my reading comprehension is flawed at the moment...I just spent 5 hours reviewing chemical kinetics and rate laws for MCAT review so my brain is mush :lol:
NBL4110G
Hub Captain - BOS Hub

Mark Newby

Postby Mark Newby » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Adam: Actually I could have explained it better. :D If you look at the bottom picture above on the part that is all gray that is the top part where the stripes are past the paint. This is the left side of the plane. I am wanting it curve around the nose like it does in the attached picture. I got these stripes in the Noble textures and font files that were put in a post in another part of this forum. The paint kit for this plane is not the most user friendly.
Mark Newby
NBL1723G
Americas

Adam Magiera

Postby Adam Magiera » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Okay, I see what you are saying. In the texture you made, when you apply it to the fuselage, what happens? Does it come to a V instead of a smooth semi-circle or something?
NBL4110G
Hub Captain - BOS Hub

Mark Newby

Postby Mark Newby » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:25 am

I am thinking I may have asked the question before I was sure. I can't remember what it looked like, I have to redo the left and right side fuselage because I left part of it in that needed to come out and it looked really bad. I let you know what I find out, but if I remember it didn't look pretty. I take a screen shot when I get it done again.

I thought I had already deleted the textures but I hadn't I am attaching a screen shot of what it looks like. Pretty much what it looks like in the first screen shot.
Mark Newby
NBL1723G
Americas

Adam Magiera

Postby Adam Magiera » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:25 am

Ahh it appears the texture does not stretch on the model. Which is good for looks but makes it more work for you. They way the lines on the fusalage are tapered, they are actually wider on the nose cone. So to get perspective right you need to make the nose cone lines thicker. I marked it up for you in MS Paint (yeah yeah i know lame, I don't have any good graphics software on this comp :-P ). Check out the yellow lines and you will see what im talking about. Give that a try and that should get you better results. Make multiple saves because it will probably take some tweaking to get it right.
NBL4110G
Hub Captain - BOS Hub

Mark Newby

Postby Mark Newby » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 am

Thanks Adam!!! I shall give that a try. That is the problem I had before I didn't make but one save on the final project and now I am having to do it all over again. Oh well you live and learn. After I get done with this for FS9 I may and try and convert it to FS10.
Mark Newby
NBL1723G
Americas

Return to “Screenshot Gallery”